What: 17th Annual Conference of International Competition Network 2018
When: 21-23 March 2018
Where: New Delhi
- India is going to host 17th Annual Conference of International Competition Network 2018 (ICN2018) from 21st to 23rd March 2018 in New Delhi.
- This is the first time India is hosting the ICN2018 Annual Conference since it joined International Competition Network (ICN) in 2009.
- Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Shri Arun Jaitley will inaugurate ICN2018 Annual Conference on 21st March 2018 while Union Minister for Railways and Coal Shri Piyush Goyal will attend the valedictory on the final day of the conference.
About the International Competition Network (ICN)
- The ICN is an informal network comprising 138 competition authorities from 125 jurisdictions.
- This Annual Conference is a key international platform in the field of competition law and policy and its 17thedition will bring together over 500 heads and senior officials of competition authorities, non-governmental advisors, distinguished legal experts and economists from over 100 countries.
- The conference is in line with India’s ever-growing engagement with the world on vital policy issues. With globalisation and digitalisation blurring the geographical boundaries for business, need for international cooperation and experience-sharing has increased.
- The Conference will provide an opportunity to exchange ideas and strategies for effective enforcement of competition law and for strengthening cooperation amongst the competition authorities as they strive to promote and sustain competition in rapidly changing markets.
- The ICN advocates adoption of superior standards and procedures in competition enforcement around the world, formulates proposals for procedural and substantive convergence, and facilitates effective international cooperation to the benefit of member agencies, consumers and economies worldwide.
- Mr Andreas Mundt, President, Federal Cartel Office, Germany and the Chair, ICN Steering Group will preside over the proceedings of the Conference.