What: Mount Deotibba Expedition
When: 28 May to 15 Jun 2018
Who: Indian Navy
- The Indian Navy on May 28, 2018 flagged off all women high altitude expedition to Mount Deotibba (6001 Mtrs) which is located in Himachal Pradesh.
- It has been organised by the Indian Navy from 28 May to 15 Jun 2018.
- The expedition was flagged off by Vice Admiral AK Chawla, AVSM, NM, VSM, Chief of Personnel on 28 May 2018 from New Delhi.
- Lieutenant Commander Kokila Sajwan will be leading the team which comprises of 15 members including two base camp support staff.
- Indian Navy had summitted Mt Everest in May 2017. The Service had previously launched the first successful expedition to Everest in 1965 and has been to the South & North poles in 2006 and 2008 respectively.
- Now, with culmination of Sagar-Parikarma, the circumnavigation around the globe by All Women Navy Team, Indian Navy seeks to achieve a similar feat on land by organising an ‘All Women Expedition to Mt Deotibba as a launch pad for scaling higher peaks including Everest in near future