Where: Six cities of India
When: 3 June-2018
- In the run-up to the World Environment Day on June 5, ‘Envithon’ – a mini-marathon was organised by the Ministry of Environment on June 3, 2018 in six cities of the country including New Delhi. Similar “Envithons” have also been organised in five other cities of the country on June 3, 2018.
- Dr. Vardhan flagged off the ‘Envithon’ run at Vinay Marg, Chanakyapuri. Soon after flagging off the ‘Envithon’, Dr. Harsh Vardhan rode a bicycle on the occasion of World Bicycle Day on June 3. June 3 is also being celebrated as World Bicycle Day across the world for the first time.
- Underlining the crucial role of school children in any societal endeavour, Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan has urged school children to become environment protectors (Paryavaran Rakshaks) and help the government and society overcome the menace of plastic pollution.
- Addressing a gathering of more than 10, 000 school children from nearly 200 schools of Delhi-NCR for Envithon, Dr. Harsh Vardhan said that children have an immeasurable capacity to infuse vigour and enthusiasm into any activity they indulge in and also inspire other people.
- Green Good Deed: The Minister administered a pledge to the children to undertake one Green Good Deed every day, minimise the use of plastic and contribute their mite to totally stop single use plastic in our day-to-day life.
- A cultural programme including a street play, songs and dance performances centred on the theme of plastic pollution and river conservation was put up on the occasion.