What: Kochon Priize 2017
Why: For TB research
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) was awarded Kochon Prize 2017 in new Delhi on March 13.
- ICMR was for awarded for building a tradition of excellence in TB research and development.
- The prize is awarded annually by ‘Stop TB Partnership’ to individuals and/or organizations that have made a significant contribution to combating the TB disease.
- The prize money for Kochon prize is $65,000.
- The ICMR emerged the winner from among 18 nominations.
- As per the ‘Stop TB Partnership’ this year’s Kochon Prize to the ICMR recognises decades of ground-breaking TB research by India, which shaped the global DOTS strategy.