Who: The President
When: March 19, 2018
Where: At the Rashtrapati Bhavan
- The President, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, will inaugurate a Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE) and present Gandhian Young Technological Innovation awards instituted by Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institutions (SRISTI) at Rashtrapati Bhavan on March 19, 2018.
- FINE, is being organised by Rashtrapati Bhavan in association with the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and the National Innovation Foundation-India from March 19 to 23, 2018.
What is FINE?
- It is an initiative to recognise, respect, showcase, reward innovations and to foster a supportive ecosystem for innovators.
- FINE will provide a platform for innovators for building linkages with potential stakeholders whose support can improve their prospects in coming years to develop their ideas into implementable projects for the larger social good.
- It will also help in promoting lateral learning and linkages among the innovators to enrich the ecosystem for sharing of ideas.
- It will provide a window to showcase creative and innovative solutions for social development through innovation emerging from grassroots, student ideas and other technologies.
- These innovations can positively impact fields such as agriculture, rural development, sanitation, health, women and child development, biotechnology and medicine.
- FINE also includes an “In-Residence” Program as part of which a batch of ten innovation scholars will stay within the President’s Estate and will be provided mentoring as well as opportunities for idea sharing with key stakeholders.