Twenty-times Grand Slam champion Roger Federer has won the 2017 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year and Comeback of the Year awards. The 36-year old Swiss star bagged the honour at the 18th edition of the awards ceremony in Monaco on 27 February 2018. Here are the list of winners:
- World Sportsman of the Year: Roger Federer (Tennis)
- Comeback of the Year: Roger Federer (Tennis)
- World Sportswoman of the Year: Serena Williams (Tennis)
- Team of the Year trophy: Formula 1 constructors’ champions Mercedes
- Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability: Marcel Hug (athlete)
- Action Sportsperson of the Year: Armel Le Cleac’h (Breton professional navigator and sea captain)
- Breakthrough of the Year: Sergio Garcia.
- Best Sporting Moment of the Year: Chapecoense (Brazilian football club) for their response in adversity following a plane crash in 2016 in which they lost the majority of their team.