What: Tribal Diaries
Why: Android based mobile application for internal monitoring
Who: Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- The Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs has developed an android based mobile application called Tribal Diaries for internal monitoring as also connecting with officers/officials concerned with implementation of schemes / programmes for tribal development.
- As per the Ministry, the application is for accredited users.
- This application provides an opportunity for visual feedback in terms of photographs, videos, uploading reports of official tours / inspections and sharing of best practices etc.
- The application is being extensively used to get an overview of the Ekalavya Model Residential Schools (EMRSs) funded by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The principals of the EMRS are being encouraged to use the application and create projects highlighting the physical infrastructure of the schools, special achievement of the students and share success stories.
- In so far as grievances are concerned, the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS), an online web-enabled system is the platform which primarily aims to enable submission of grievances by the aggrieved citizens from anywhere and anytime. Besides, grievances are also physically received in the Ministry. The Ministry scrutinizes and takes action for speedy redressal of grievances besides tracking them for their disposal as well through a dedicated Division for the purpose.