What: Online Analytical Tool
Who: Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh
Why: To scrutinise source of foreign funds and their actual use in India
- Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh on June 1, 2018 launched an Online Analytical Tool in New Delhi to facilitate closer monitoring of the flow and utilisation of foreign contributions received by various organisations registered or permitted under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010.
- Aim: This web-based tool enables decision-makers in various Departments of Government to scrutinise source of foreign funds and their actual use in India.
- It gives them capacity to take data-driven and evidence-based decisions regarding the compliance of the provisions of the FCRA, 2010.
- It has analytical features to conduct big data mining and data exploration.
- Its dashboard will be integrated with the bank accounts of the FCRA-registered entities through the Public Financial Management System for updation of transactional data on a real-time basis.
- There are approximately 25,000 active organisations registered under The FCRA, 2010. Foreign Contributions worth Rs.18,065 crores were received by such organisations from foreign donors for various social, cultural, economic, educational and religious activities during financial year 2016-17.