The Central Statistics Office (CSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation on January 7, 2019 released the First Advance Estimates of National Income at Constant (2011-12) and Current Prices, for the financial year 2018-19.
The First Advance Estimates of GDP have been released in accordance with the release calendar of National Accounts.
- ESTIMATES AT CONSTANT (2011-12) PRICES:
- Gross Domestic Product: Real GDP or Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at Constant Prices (2011-12) in the year 2018-19is likely to attain a level of ₹139.52lakh crore, as against the Provisional Estimate of GDP for the year 2017-18 of ₹130.11 lakh crore, released on 31st May 2018. The growth in GDP during 2018-19 is estimated at 7.2percent as compared to the growth rate of 6.7per cent in 2017-18.
- Gross Value Added (GVA) at Basic Prices: Real GVA, i.e, GVA at Basic Constant Prices (2011-12) is anticipated to increase from ₹119.76lakh crore in 2017-18 to ₹128.09lakh crore in 2018-19. Anticipated growth of real GVA at Basic Prices in 2018-19 is 7.0percentas against 6.5percent in 2017-18.
- Per Capita Income: The Per Capita Income in real terms (at 2011-12 prices) during 2018-19 is likely to attain a level of ₹91,921 as compared to ₹86,668 for the year 2017-18. The growth rate in Per Capita Income is estimated at 6.1per cent during 2018-19, as against 5.4 per cent in the previous year.
B. ESTIMATES AT CURRENT PRICES
- Gross Domestic Product: GDP is derived by adding Taxes on Products net of Subsidies on Products to GVA at Basic Prices.GDP at Current Prices in the year 2018-19 is likely to attain a level of ₹188.41lakh crore, as against ₹167.73 lakh crore in 2017-18 showing a growth rate of 12.3 per cent.
- National Income: The nominal Net National Income (NNI), also known as National Income (at Current Prices) is likely to be ₹167.03 lakh crore during 2018-19, as against ₹148.49 lakhcrore for the year 2017-18. In terms of growth rates, the National Income registered a growth rate of 12.5 per cent in 2018-19 as against the previous year’s growth rate of 10.1 per cent.
- Per Capita Income: The Per Capita Net National Income during 2018-19 is estimated to be ₹1,25,397 showing a rise of 11.1 per cent as compared to ₹1,12,835 during 2017-18 with the growth rate of 8.6 percent.
- Gross Fixed Capital Formation: Gross Fixed Capital Formation (GFCF) at Current Prices is estimated at ₹55.58 lakh crore in 2018-19 as against ₹47.79 lakh crore in 2017-18. At Constant (2011-12) Prices, the GFCF is estimated at ₹45.86 lakh crore in 2018-19 as against ₹40.88 lakh crore in 2017-18. In terms of GDP, the rates of GFCF at Current and Constant (2011-12) prices during 2018-19 are estimated at 29.5 per cent and 32.9 per cent, respectively, as against the corresponding rates of 28.5 per cent and 31.4 per cent, respectively in 2017-18.