Union Agriculture and Farmer Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh has written a letter to Chief Ministers of all States for their support in the effective and speedy implementation of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN).
Here are main features of the scheme
- Under the scheme, all Small and Marginal farmers families having cultivable land upto 2 hectares will be provided income support of 6000 rupees per year.
- The money will be transfered directly into the accounts of beneficiary, in three equal installments.
- The scheme will be implemented with effect from 1st December, 2018.
- It will benefit 12 crore farmers.
- Selection of eligible small farmer families has to be undertaken by the State Governments and the necessary details such as bank accounts are to be provided on the online portal so that the first installment of the benefits can be transferred to the eligible families.
- For the implementation of the scheme, the States shall prepare database of eligible beneficiary landholder farmer families in the villages capturing the Name, Age, Gender, Category (SC/ST) , Aadhaar Number (in case Aadhaar Number has not been issued then Aadhaar Enrollment Number together with any other prescribed documents for purposes of the identification such as Driving Licence, Voters’ ID Card, NREGA Job Card, or any other identification documents issued by Central/State/UT Governments or their authorities, etc.), Bank Account Number, IFSC Code.
- Though mobile number is not mandatory but it is advised that when available it may be captured so that the information related to sanction/transfer of benefit can be communicated. States/UTs shall ensure that there is no duplication of the payment transferred to eligible families. Speedy reconciliation in case of wrong/incomplete bank details of the beneficiary should be ensured.
- A platform named PM Kisan Portal – www.pmkisan.nic.in has also been launched for uploading the details of Small and Marginal farmers to assist them.