Skip to content
- Railway minister Piyush Goel has announced that the Honey Bee plan in Assam that kept elephants away from the tracks will be expanded to other areas of the country.
- Mr Goel said that the initiative was started on experiment basis in 2017.
- It is a simple device that amplifies the recorded sound of honey bees to keep elephants away from the rail track. Several mishaps had been avoided by using this method.
- The system was reasonably successful and it will be expanded to other areas.
- The Divisional Railway Manager of Rangia Ravilesh Kumar has started the project initially to avoid the death of animals particularly elephants on railway tracks.