Skip to content
- Exercise Maitree, the joint military exercise between Indian Army and Royal Thai Army, begins on August 6, 2018 in Thailand.
- It will be conducted from 06 to 19 August 2018.
- It is a platoon level exercise which comprises of infantry component. The opening ceremony started with familiarization of organisation and display of weapons & equipment of both armies.
- The exercise will emphasize to hone the tactical and technical skills in joint counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations in rural and urban scenario under UN mandate.
- Due emphasis will be laid on increasing interoperability between forces from both countries which is crucial for success of any joint operation.
- Both sides will jointly train, plan and execute a series of well developed tactical drills for neutralization of likely threats that may be encountered in urban warfare scenario.
- Experts from both sides will also hold detailed discussions to share their experience on varied topics for mutual benefit.
- Exercise Maitree will contribute immensely in developing mutual understanding and bonhomie between the two armies in order to counter terrorism.