- A two- day (26-27 February 2018) International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels is jointly being organized by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India on behalf of Mission Innovation and Biofuture Platform at the Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- This event aims to provide a common platform to Government policy makers, industry, investors and research community to exchange experiences and challenges related to development and scaling of advance biofuels. Besides this the conference will focus on concerns of the private sectors to speed up large scale production of sustainable biofuels.
- The conference will seek to a clear understanding of the development in bio-economy made by participating countries, increase awareness of policy makers about the challenges faced by the industry-investor for commercial scale up of advanced biofuels.
- A “New Delhi Declaration on Sustainable Biofuels” will be endorsed during this International Conference which has been prepared in consultation with the Mission Innovation Member countries, and Biofuture Platform group.
- The Conference along with the Exhibition is a forum to showcase Best Practices, Innovative Technologies. The Conference will be of two days’ duration which includes sessions on selected themes and sub-themes, exhibition, cultural function and other related activities.
About Mission Innovation
- Mission Innovation (MI) is a global initiative of 22 countries including India and the European Union to dramatically accelerate global clean energy innovation.
- As part of the initiative, participating countries have committed to seek to double their governments’ clean energy research and development (R&D) investments over five years, while encouraging greater levels of private sector investment in transformative clean energy technologies.
- These additional resources will dramatically accelerate the availability of the advanced technologies that will define a future global energy mix that is clean, affordable, and reliable.
- Mission Innovation was announced on November 30, 2015, as world leaders came together in Paris to undertake ambitious efforts to combat climate change.
About Sustainable Biofuel
- The Sustainable Biofuel is one of the Seven Mission Innovation Challenges and India Co-leads this along with other countries Brazil, Canada and China.
- Sustainable Biofuel development is a key challenge as well as an opportunity for Governments, researchers, investors and industry to work together. Sustainable biofuels have seen rapid R&D and performance breakthroughs, however still there are challenges as most exciting biofuels still remain at an early-commercial stage of development.
- The event will bring together experts from Biofuels sector to take stock of current knowledge, share information and best practices, and build consensus on the actions most needed to move forward. Senior Government Officers, Technical Experts, Academicians, Researchers and Representatives from various Countries, Industry and Investors will participate in the event.