The Election Commission of India will celebrate the 9th National Voters’ Day (NVD) on January 25, 2019 at more than six lakh locations covering around ten lakh Polling Stations across the country.
- New Voters shall be felicitated and handed over their EPIC (Elector Photo Identity Card) in the NVD function.
- President of India Sh. Ram Nath Kovind will be the Chief Guest at the national function being organized by Election Commission of India at Manekshaw Centre, Delhi Cantt.
- Theme: In view of the upcoming Lok Sabha Election, ‘No Voter to be Left Behind’ has been selected as the theme for the NVD.
- My Vote Matters, a Quarterly Magazine will be launched on the occasion and the first copy shall be presented by the Commission to the Hon’ble President.
- The National Awards for the Best Electoral Practices shall be conferred on Officers for their outstanding performance in the conduct of elections. In addition, awards will also be given to Civil Society Organisations and Media Houses who have made outstanding contribution in the field of voter awareness and outreach.
- Chief Election Commissioners and senior officials from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Maldives, Russia and Sri Lanka shall grace the occasion.
About National Voters Day
- The National Voters’ Day (NVD) is celebrated all over the country on January 25 every year since 2011 to mark the Foundation day of Election Commission of India, which was established on 25th January 1950. The main purpose of the NVD celebration is to encourage, facilitate and maximize the enrollment, especially for the new voters. Dedicated to the voters of the country, the Day is utilized to spread awareness among voters for promoting informed participation in the electoral process.