Why: To provide Internet Telephony service
- Union Minister for Communications Shri Manoj Sinha launched Internet Telephony service of BSNL in New Delhi on July 11, 2018.
- The service will enable mobile users to use landline network of BSNL for all their internet-based mobile operations, including video conferencing, video calling and all other activities.
- The brand name of BSNL’s Internet Telephony (VOIP) Service is “WINGS”
- To use this service, mobile users need to download BSNL’s Application, WINGS. After connecting landline network, no Sim Card is required for mobile operations.
- This service using Mobile Numbering scheme is being provided using IP based access network of IMS NGN Core switches. To use the service, a customer needs to install a SIP client (soft app) on any of its smart devices (laptop/smart mobile handset/tablet etc) having internet which will act as SIP phone to make and receive calls from anywhere in India and abroad with any party (landline/mobile).