Skip to content
- Mr. Zoramthanga, President of regional party Mizo National Front (MNF) was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Mizoram on December 15, 2018. In all, 12 council of Ministers have taken oath of office.
- This is Zoramthanga’s second stint as the CM; he held the position between 1998 to 2008.
- Governor Kummanam Rajasekharan has administered the oath of office to the Chief Minister and other council of Ministers at Raj Bhavan in Aizawl.
- In November 28 election to the 40-member state legislative Assembly, MNF came out with landslide victory bagging 26 seats.
- Congress has reduced to 5 seats, BJP first time opened its account with one seat and Independents bagged 8 seats.
- Deputy Chief Minister Tawnluia will hold charge of public health engineering, urban development etc, and Mr. Lalchamliana has become Home Minister.