Oil industry on February 7, 2019 observed Ujjwala Utsav, celebrating the stellar role played by all stakeholders – District Nodal Officers, Policy makers, Distributors, and beneficiaries – in making Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) a resounding success.
- The event was organised under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum &Natural Gas to encourage, motivate as well as felicitate all frontline field forcefor their outstanding contribution to PMUY.
- On this occasion PMUY anthem – Ujjwala Bharat Ujjwala was also launched which is composed and developed by eminent singer and film industry personality KailashKher.
- The PMUY anthem is available on online music platforms such as Amazon, Apple, Hungama, Wynk, Google Play, Saavn, and many others. The anthem aims to reach the Ujjwala message to every household in the country by its powerful and inspiring rendition.
- During the occasion, the top three performers in three states which garnered the highest LPG penetration figures i.e. J&K, Chhattisgarh and Assam, were acknowledged and the respective Oil Marketing Company officers in-charge of these states were felicitated by Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan.
- The 24 top performing district nodal officers were also felicitated on the occasion for their commendable work during Gram Swaraj Abhiyaan and Extended Gram Swaraj Abhiyaan in more than 50,000 villages pan India.
- A compilation of experiences from select stake holders across PMUY spectrum was also released on the occasion.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- In order to provide clean cooking fuel to BPL households in the country, the Government has launched “Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana”(PMUY) scheme to provide 5 Crore deposit-free LPG connections to women belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, which were subsequently increased to 8 Crore with a budgetary allocation of Rs. 12800 crore.
- On January 2, 2019 it achieved the target of 6 crore.
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on May 1st, 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh.