Skip to content
- The Polavaram project- of Andhra Pradesh created history on January 8,2019.
- The concrete works of spill channel of the project successfully entered Guinness Book of World Records by completing 32,315.5 Cubic meter of concrete works in a span of 24 hours.
- The Polavaram project also broke the earlier records for largest and continuous concrete pouring.
- Receiving the Guinness Book of World Records certificate from adjudicator Rishi Nath, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu expressed happiness over breaking two world records by the Polavaram project.
- Polavaram is a multi-purpose irrigation project which is under construction and located on river Godavari near Ramayyapet village of Polavaram Mandal of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh.
- The Polavaram project will harness the waters of the river Godavari by building a 45.72- metre-high, 2.32-km-long dam
- The earth and rock-filled dam will have a storage capacity of 551 million cubic metre (mcm) and power generation capacity of 960 MW.