Updated on August 5, 2018
- The Department of Posts has announce to conduct a national level letter-writing competition on the theme, “Letter to My Motherland”. The theme is inspired by Rabindranath Tagore’s “Amar Desher Mati’
- Under the competition, named as Dhai Akhar, letters should be handwritten in English or Hindi or a local language.
- Eligibility: The competition is for two age groups – up to 18 years and above 18 years, with two categories inland letter card (ILC) & envelope in each age group.
- Proof of Age: The participants have to give a certificate of proof of their age on the letter such as “I certify that I am Below/above the age of 18 as on 01/01/2018”. In case of winning letters, the age and other ID certificates will be verified by the Circle before sending the three best letters in each category to the Directorate.
- Format: Candidates should write letters on A-4 sheets, in not more than 1000 words for the envelope category and in not more than 500 words for the ILC category. The embossed envelope / envelope with required stamp affixed and Inland Letter Card (ILC) will be the permitted stationery for participating in the
- Awards: The prizes at the circle level include ₹25,000 for the first prize, ₹10,000 for the second and ₹5,000 for the third. At the national level, the winner would get ₹50,000, the runner-up ₹25,000 and the second runner-up ₹10,000.
- Whom: A scanned copy of the letter can be submitted on the MyGov portal latest by 30-09-2018; however, it is compulsory that a hard copy of the letter bearing dispatch postmark of not later than 30-09-2018 be sent by post. The letter, to be written in English/Hindi/Local Language, may be addressed to Chief
Postmaster General of the respective Circles. The letter, in case of rural areas may be brought to the local BO and posted. The BOs will dispatch it to their respective Account Office (HO/SO) duly entered in Account Bag for further dispatch to concerned Circle Office.