- IRCTC has announced to run ‘Samantha Express’ tourist train covering prominent places associated with chief architect of the Indian Constitution Dr BR Ambedkar and Gautam Buddha.
- It will embark on its maiden journey on April 14 from Nagpur.
- The train will cover Chaityabhoomi (Mumbai), Mhow (Indore), Bodhgaya (Gaya), Sarnath (Varanasi), Lumbini (Nautanwa), Kushinagar (Gorakhpur), Deekshabhoomi (Nagpur), all places linked with either Lord Buddha or Ambedkar.
- The duration of this tour will be of 10 nights and 11 days.
- The package cost, which includes accommodation, transportation and meals for 11 days is 10,395 rupees per person for standard category and 12,705 rupees per person for comfort category.
- This comprehensive tour package includes train journey by confirmed ticket in sleeper class/3AC, night stay at lodges or dormitories on multi-sharing basis, non-AC transport for transfer and sightseeing, veg meals, tour escorts, arrangement of a doctor on board and security arrangement.
To mark the birth anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, the architect of India's Constitution, IRCTC will be running Samanata Express Tourist Train on Feb 14, 2019 covering prominent places connected with his life and Lord Buddha. https://t.co/QhOdS316go pic.twitter.com/MnVpWqvhqt
— IRCTC (@IRCTCofficial) January 14, 2019