- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Government of India, along with the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India in association with Government of Telangana is organizing the 21stNational Conference on e-Governance on February 26- 27, 2018 in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Inaugaration: Union Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Shri Y.S. Chowdary presided over the inaugural session of the conference on 26 February.
- Theme: The theme of the Conference this year is, ‘Technology for accelerating Development’.
- Subjects: Building User Experience, Universalization and Replication, Governing e-Governance, e-Governance Good/ Best Practices, Emerging Technologies are main subjects to be discussed.
- The theme of the Wrap up Session is ‘Synergising Role of National and State Government.’
About the conference
- The National Conference on eGovernance is organised every year in partnership with one State Government since 1997.
- The Conference serves as a forum in which the Secretaries, Administrative Reforms and Secretaries, Information Technology of State Governments, IT Managers of the Central Governments, Software Solution providers, industry, etc. participate and interact, exchange opinions, views, discuss issues, problems and also analyze various solution frameworks.
- The Conference is also a forum to showcase best practices, innovative technologies and ICT solutions. The National e-Governance Awards recognise and promote excellence in implementation of e-Governance initiatives taken by various government departments and also initiatives of public sector units and Non- Government Institutions.
- e-Governance is generally understood as the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at all the level of the Government in order to provide services to the citizens, interaction with business enterprises and communication and exchange of information between different agencies of the Government in a speedy, convenient efficient and transparent manner.