Skip to content
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena on January 27, 2019 dedicated to the public newly locomotive power set S-13 imported from India to be used for the ‘Uttara Devi’ Colombo-Kankesanthurai train.
- With the new power set the train commenced its first journey from the Colombo Fort Railway Station and reached Kankensthurai.
- The new power set has been imported from India under Line of credit (LOC) assistance and had its trial run earlier this month.
- India has provided concessional financing of 1.28 billion dollars for the development of railways in Sri Lanka.
- India has also partnered with Sri Lanka in capacity development of Sri Lankan railway employees.