Skip to content
- Indian American Neomi Rao has been nominated to the DC Circuit Court of Appeals to fill the vacancy created by Brett Kavanaugh’s elevation to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Ms. Rao is currently the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the White House, which assesses the costs and benefits of government regulations.
- Ms. Rao, born to parents from India, is a graduate of Yale University and the University of Chicago Law School.
- If her nomination is confirmed, she will sit on what is considered the second most powerful court in the country.
- She will take place of Justice Kavanaugh who has been appointed as the Judge of Supreme Court.
- If confirmed by the Senate, Rao would be the second Indian-American judge in this powerful court after judge Sree Srinivasan.