- ‘Kisan Gandhi Tableau of ’ the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) was awarded First Prize among Central Ministries and Departments in the Republic Day Parade – 2019, while Tripura Tableau with theme ‘Empowering Rural Economy the Gandhian Way’ bagged the first prize among states.
- Minister of Defence Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman handed over the award to the ICAR team on January 28, 2019.
- The ICAR tableau displayed the importance of dairy farming, use of indigenous breeds and livestock based organic agriculture for rural prosperity.
- The ICAR tableau “Kisan Gandhi” portrayed the Gandhiji’s vision to improve agriculture and livestock for the prosperity of rural communities. To gain more insight, he attended a training program on dairy farming for fifteen days in 1927 at Bangalore Centre of the ICAR – National Dairy Research Institute. He also visited and appreciated the ‘Indore method’ of composting at the Institute of Plant Industry, Indore in 1935.
- The Gandhian philosophy included promotion of Swadeshi breeds, organic agriculture and goat milk for better health. In order to realize Gandhi’s dream, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research is relentlessly working towards transforming the Indian Agriculture for ensuring livelihood security and higher income of our Annadata, the farmers. By developing and deploying cutting edge science and technology, India has succeeded in achieving food self-sufficiency and remains the highest milk and cotton producer in the world.
- In the tableau, Bapu was shown with goats and a cow. Organic agriculture, revolution in cotton and milk production and food safety analysis for better health were also showcased. Kasturba Gandhi was also shown engaged with Charkha and caring for animals at Bapu Kuti at Wardha Ashram. It symbolized livestock based sustainable and climate resilient agriculture.
- The 22 tableaux rolling down the Rajpath during the 70th Republic Day Parade included 16 tableaux from states and Union Territories, six from various central ministries and departments.
- The ICAR Republic Day tableau – 2018 rolled down at Rajpath with the theme of integrated farming, “Mishrit Kheti, Khushiyon Ki Kheti”.
— ICAR (@icarindia) January 28, 2019
मुझे ये बताते हुए बड़ा हर्ष और गर्व हो रहा है कि भारतीय कृषि अनुसन्धान परिषद की झांकी “किसान गाँधी” ने #गणतंत्रदिवस परेड में प्रथम पुरस्कार प्राप्त किया है। यह झांकी पशुधन आधारित जैविक, टिकाऊ और जलवायु अनुकूल कृषि का प्रतीक है। #RepublicDay2019 pic.twitter.com/5Go5QcG0XL
— Radha Mohan Singh (@RadhamohanBJP) January 28, 2019
A moment of immense pride for #Tripura!
Our Tableau at #RepublicDay2019 Parade wins the 1st prize.
Congratulations to the entire team who worked hard and made this incredible achievement possible!
जय हिंद। जय त्रिपुरा। pic.twitter.com/zHU4o6KPok
— Biplab Kumar Deb (@BjpBiplab) January 28, 2019