- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 9, 2019 launched the DD ‘Arun Prabha’ Channel in Itanagar. It will be a 24×7 satellite television channel and is Doordarshan’s second channel for the north-eastern region, after DD North East.
- It is equipped with state of the art facilities, including a Digital Satellite News Gathering unit to provide live coverage from remote locations, for 24×7 telecast. The playout facility and the earth stations established at DDK Itanagar will ensure seamless transmission of DD Arunprabha.
- The channel will showcase the rich tradition and diversity of local culture. Not only will it help integrate North-East with the country, but will also bring alive the magnificence of North-East by airing content sensitive to the needs and aspirations of local population including news, travelogues, mythological shows, documentaries, magazines, tele-films, reality shows, daily shows etc.
- Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) at Arunachal Pradesh: The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone of a permanent campus of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) at Arunachal Pradesh. This is the third Film and Television Institute of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. The institute will provide a boost to the talented youngsters of the North-East in film and television sector.
- Greenfield Airport at Hollongi: PM laid the foundation stone for the construction of Greenfield Airport at Hollongi and inaugurated retrofitted Tezu airport. The terminal at Hollongi will be constructed at a cost of Rs 955 crore with an area of 4100 sq m and has peak handling capacity of 200 passengers per hour.
- Sela Tunnel: Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of Sela Tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh. It will provide all weather connectivity to Tawang Valley and reduce the travel time to Tawang by an hour. It will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 700 crore.
— Doordarshan News (@DDNewsLive) February 9, 2019