Who: Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilisers Ananth Kumar inaugurated the three-day (15-17 February 2018) ‘India Pharma & India Medical Device 2018’ event in Bengaluru on February 15, 2018. It is the third edition of event. It has been termed as the India’s biggest global pharma conference.
Organiser: The event is being organised by the Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP), Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers, along with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
Theme: The conference is being organised with the theme of ‘Driving NextGen Pharmaceuticals’.
Objectives: The event would be a positive step towards the development of Future Drugs i e Biologics and will catalyse the overall growth of the Pharmaceuticals Sector in India”. The event will discuss Government policy and challenges facing the Industry.
- The event will bring key stakeholders of the pharma and medical devices sectors under one roof, with hundreds of delegates including 50 Hosted Delegates from other Nations
- Over 300 companies and 50 startups will showcase their products at the grand exhibition where more than 90 eminent industry leaders will speak at various sessions.
- More than 20 international drug and device regulators will participate in a meet with Indian regulators.
- Ministerial delegations from CIS and BIMSTEC countries will also attend the event.
- A key highlight of India Pharma & India Medical Device 2018 is a workshop by World Health Organisation on ‘Regulatory System Strengthening and Prequalification’.